For best results use the Blackout method BEFORE washing or dry-cleaning clothing. Blackout can be used successfully on some set in stains. ALWAYS Patch Test on an inconspicuous are first before applying Blackout to stains. Take particular care with synthetic materials including suede & leathers. Blackout will not remove Turpene & dye based stains (hoofblack, leather dyes etc)
1. Lay out fabric on a flat surface.
2. Place absorbent paper towel under the stain.
3. Twist up the Blackout cap and apply enough liquid to fully wet the stain.
4. Gently work the liquid into the stain with fingertips to release the pigment, replace the paper towel as the stain is absorbed onto it.
5. Repeat step 4. until stain is mostly removed.
6. Apply a generous amount of dishwashing liquid – NOT laundry liquid or powder – to the stain and work through the fabric to remove any residue. Rinse with cold water and launder as usual.
7. Repeat steps if stain persists.